The Shikellamy School District (SSD) Board of School Directors is seeking an accomplished leader with proven success to serve as our Assistant Superintendent. The anticipated appointment is to begin on or before July 1, 2021.
SSD is located in the confluence of the North and West branches of the Susquehanna River. The district serves Sunbury, Northumberland and the surrounding rural areas. SSD currently operates four elementary schools (K-5), a middle school (6-8), and a high school (9-12). The District offers a number of Varsity, JV, and junior high sports programs. In addition, we sponsor over 20 clubs and activities from grades 6-12. SSD has a total approximate staff of 500 employees.
If you possess the following qualities and experience, you are invited to apply:
- Passion and commitment to providing a dynamic 21st century, safe, and engaging learning environment where all students can attain their full potential and experience high student achievement.
- Engaging, inspirational leadership that guides every member of the administrative, instructions and support services teams in setting and achieving the District’s vision.
- A positive and engaging communication style that promotes close cooperation between parents, teachers, district staff, and the community in a collaborative child-centered environment.
- Keen knowledge of, and experience with human resource management, curriculum and instituting federal programs and staff development.
- Demonstrated commitment to treating all people with equality, dignity, and respect and educating all students to understand, accept, and value all members of the world community.
- Knowledgeable on educational trends, research, and innovative practices.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to make informed decisions and recommendations.
- Extensive accomplishment administrative experience, preferably both as a school building administrator and or central office administrator with proven history of success and longevity,
- PA Superintendent Letter of Eligibility or Commission Qualification Letter (Out of State-Eligible for PA Letter).
- Doctorate in Education preferred.
Interested candidates should submit the following to Dr. Jason S. Bendle, Superintendent:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Pa Certificate/Letter of Eligibility
Application deadline: December 18, 2020
For more information, please contact Cathy Kolovich at 570-286-3721 ext. 2104, or by email at
The Shikellamy School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about the Shikellamy School District, please visit www.shikbraves.org.