Full-time, First shift (7am-3pm)
Qualifications: Education shall consist of high school diploma, with preference given to those candidates who provide documentation of successful completion of post secondary education in one or more building trades or facilities maintenance disciplines. This person shall display the ability to effectively apply his/her expertise to the maintenance operations of the district as well as attain a satisfactory score on an aptitude test of general building trades and maintenance knowledge. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at an above average level. You must possess a current valid driver’s license for the state of Pennsylvania. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. The individual must have the ability to:
- Operate, maintain and make adjustments to various types of equipment
- Be computer literate and successfully execute Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Stand, crawl , crouch and bend/stoop for sustained periods of time.
- Hear (40 decibel loss maximum) and have vision requirements near acuity of 20 inches or less with depth perception, color vision and more.
- Balance ladders, scaffolding and catwalks as well as push and pull objects and to use fingers and hands to pick , feel and grasp objects.
- Add and subtract three-digit numbers and to multiply and divide by 10’s and 100’s as well as the ability to perform these operations using units of U.S. currency, weight measurement, volume and distance in feet and inches.
Please be advised, this position will require you to attain the required license/s to apply
pest/vegetation control in license/s the Shikellamy School District will then reimburse those costs.
Candidates interested, please apply in writing to:
Dr. Jason S. Bendle, Superintendent
200 Island Blvd
Sunbury, PA 17801
Job will be posted until filled.