The following position is available at Shikellamy High School
Part-time 6.5 Hour Cook
Qualifications: Education shall consist of no less than a high school diploma or GED or a minimum of three (3) years of satisfactory prior experience in food service work. Also, the willingness to and ability to perform the tasks required for the position in a designated period of time. The following skills and attributes must be documented and displayed by ability:
- To read and interpret state and federal government regulations
- To communicate using oral/written English language skills with others
- To lift equipment, packages and inventory up to 40 lbs.
- To stand and walk for extended periods of time during each work schedule
- To understand and physically prepare food and food production
- To service on the line, operate a register, dishwasher, steamer, slicer
- To display dexterity in utilizing food service equipment to the fullest
A Performance Responsibilities
- Collecting cash payments and tickets.
- Helping to prepare the cafeteria for operation prior to the beginning of the school term and properly storing the materials and equipment following the end of the school term.
- Learning and operating a point of sale computerized system.
- Preparing and serving breakfast and lunch.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the equipment, utensils and all aspects of the food service program.
- Demonstrating correct personal hygiene including , but not limited to washing hands, wearing plastic serving gloves, clean hair and clothing, wearing hair restraints and knowing HACCP and/or Serve safe procedures.
- Being able to understand, read and write daily sales reports using the English Language.
B Cafeteria Reports
- Preparing a daily summary of sales.
- Preparing daily bank deposits.
- Routing all bills and time slips to the Director of Food Service. Bills must be signed/dated upon delivery.
- Keeping records of all sales and lunch tickets.
- Working with and for people in a courteous and cooperative manner, keeping in mind that our main goal is to “support” the educational process.
- Organizing and counting food items to satellite to other schools and sites within the area. (A production kitchen function only)
- Being available to work banquets as scheduled in the building.
- Follow security measures as assigned by the school district.
- Doing light duty work in the event of change in ability.
- Being familiar with location and usage of fire extinguishers, emergency phone numbers, water and gas shut off valves and breaker panels in emergencies.
Candidates interested please apply in writing to:
Dr. Jason S. Bendle, Superintendent
200 Island Blvd.
Sunbury, PA 17801
Job will be posted until filled