Custodian -Temporary Full-time, 1st Shift (6am-2pm) at Priestley Elementary
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required.
- The Custodian shall be responsible for the cleanliness and minor repairs at his/her building assignment or as directed. This person will be expected to perform at a high level of expertise, requiring minimal training or supervision. This person is responsible for cleaning and maintaining the physical plant in a condition of operation excellence in accordance with prescribed codes and established district policies and standards. When necessary, based on job requirements the individual may be expected to work different shifts. He/she must report to work for snow/ice removal, flooding, etc.on mornings, nights,weekends and holidays when contacted. Facilities shall be maintained in such a manner so they present no interruptions, or obstacles to the educational program. Perform safely, all duties necessary to the care, protection and preservation of the building and grounds and to provide students, faculty and any other person(s) utilizing the facilities with a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean and efficient place in which to learn, work, play and develop. Must perform general cleaning duties in or near any designated classroom, hallway, shop, offices and rest rooms.
- Empty waste receptacles into collection bins.
- Clean floors by sweeping, dusting, damp mopping, scrubbing and buffing.
- Vacuum or dust window sills and moldings; vacuum drapes; clean furniture, windows, blinds and similar items.
- Clean stairs and glass doors, windows and panels; vacuum and remove spots from carpets.
- Wet mop halls and lobbies.
- Clean and disinfect desks, drinking fountains and wash soiled areas of partitions, doors and walls. Wax and polish floor areas* as conditions require.
- Clean and disinfect restroom floors, walls, fixtures and faucets.
- Clean and fill all soap, paper, and other dispensing equipment.
- All other duties assigned.
Shikellamy employees interested in this position, please apply in writing to:
Dr. Jason S. Bendle, District Superintendent
200 Island Blvd
Sunbury, PA 17801
Job will be posted until filled