Oaklyn Elementary School
Parents picking up students at dismissal are asked to pull into available parking spaces. Once all spaces are full parents are permitted to form a pick up line. Cars entering the lot early to “line up” will be asked to pull into available spaces.
We also ask that cars not park on the corner of Augusta and Oak streets as this makes it difficult for our buses to enter the school grounds.
We appreciate your cooperation.
The McKinney-Vento Homeless Act
The McKinney-Vento Homeless Act guarantees a free and appropriate public education for all homeless children and youth. Federal and state laws make the school district’s responsibility clear.
A student whose family becomes homeless may remain in the school he/she was attending prior to becoming homeless for the duration of the school year.
If it is feasible, a student may transfer to a school if it is closer to his/her transitional housing.
The receiving school may not prevent or delay the enrollment of a homeless child by requiring proof of residency or lack of documentation such as immunization records.
Transportation for homeless must begin within 5 school days, but sooner if possible.
- All visitors must use the visitor entrance and report to the office.
- All clearances must be on file in order to participate in classroom activities.
- Please inform the office no later than 2:30 pm of any changes in your child’s transportation home from school.
- When absent, students must submit a written excuse within 3 days of the absence. Otherwise, the absence will be considered unlawful.
- Lost and Found is located in the school lobby. Items not claimed at the end of each month will be donated to a local charity.
- Educational Journey requests are to be submitted 10 days prior to the trip.